Continuing an initiative for Burbank and Los Angeles County Student Filmmakers
The Burbank International Film Festival is proud to showcase 6th-12th Grade student filmmakers in Burbank and Los Angeles County schools with a special award
Free to Enter
As part of the Burbank International Film Festival’s educational community outreach program, we are offering Burbank and Los Angeles County students an opportunity to submit their short films until June 12th to the festival. This special category is open to any students in the LA County School District from Middle school through High school. Top films selected by the judging panel will be screened at the film festival taking place September 9th – 13th, 2015 in Downtown Burbank.
To submit, short films must meet the following criteria:
- Film must be 20 minutes or less in length (including credits).
- Filmmaker must currently be a student in Los Angeles County (middle school through high school) and must provide a photocopy of their student ID validating their registration. If a student is home-schooled, their residence must be in LA County and proof of home schooling status must be provided.
- Each DVD submission must be post-marked no later than June 12th to be eligible. No personal deliveries.
- Please provide full name, address, contact phone number, and email address along with a copy of a student ID. Also include filmmaker’s high school name and address.
- DVD must be in an NTSC (U.S.) format. Label the DVD with name of film, running time, filmmaker’s name, and contact information.
- The top entries chosen by the judging panel will screen during the festival. The best film will receive the “Los Angeles County Student Filmmaker Award” at the Closing Ceremony & Awards Gala on Sunday September 13th at Castaways in Burbank.
Submissions should be post-marked NO LATER THAN June 12th 2015 and sent to:
Burbank International Film Festival
2600 W. Olive Ave., 5th Floor
Burbank, CA 91505
The Burbank International Film Festival is celebrating its 7th year in the media capital of the world. The mission of the festival is to support independent filmmakers by showcasing their work and providing a gateway to the entertainment industry. For more information, visit www.BurbankFilmFest.org or email us at: email@example.com